Upcoming in Kansas City, Mo.
Wastewater 101 – Why are my bills so high?
presentation by John Dunn, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Have you ever wondered what happens to the water that goes down your drain after you use it? Where does it go, how is it treated? Find out the story of your wastewater, and why Kansas City’s costs are going up.
Time and Place
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Westport CoffeeHouse Theater
View on map
Presentation by John Dunn, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Tuesday, June 28, 7:00 p.m.
Where – Westport Coffeehouse Theater – 4010 Pennsylvania Ave. Kansas City, MO
6 p.m. – Social Hour
7 p.m. – Presentation. Presentation will be filmed – After 7 PM, Please enter through Green Room Burgers
PLUS – This presentation audio will be streaming live on KCDV.tv!
(See past videos here)
Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
Westport CoffeeHouse – 4010 Pennsylvania Kansas City, Mo – www.westportcoffeehouse.com
The Westport CoffeeHouse is in the Westport entertainment area, midtown KC, south of downtown and north of the Plaza. The main intersection is Westport Rd and Broadway. From this intersection, go west on Westport Rd one block to Pennsylvania. Turn north (right).
OR you can get there from the intersection of Southwest Trafficway and Westport Rd. Go east on Westport Rd to Pennsylvania. Turn north (left).
Westport Coffee House is approximately one block down on the west side of Pennsylvania. Parking can be had either south of the coffee house in the large parking lot or just north of the coffee house alongside the building. Enter through Green Room Burgers or Westport CoffeeHouse.
Resources and Links
Dig deeper for more info on this topic –
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Municipal Wastewater page
- EPA publications
- ARTICLE – “Government Watch – EPA Regulations will affect Tomhawk Wastewater Treatment Plant” – Kansas City Star, March 1, 2016 by Roxie Hammill
- ARTICLE – “Flushing the Toilet Has Never Been Risker” – The Atlantic, Sept 17, 2015 by Mary Anna Evans
- ARTICLE “Cities Spend Billions to keep Sewage Out of your Rivers” – USA TODAY, March 9, 2014 by Natalie DiBlasio
- OPINION “Kansas City’s costly water bills sock consumers while upgrading services” – Kansas City Star, May 16, 2015
The Big Muddy Speakers Series in Kansas City
is hosted by these wonderful partners!
- Little Blue River Watershed Coalition
- Friends of Lakeside Nature Center
- Missouri River Relief
- Healthy Rivers Partnership
- Kansas City Digital Video
Thanks to all of our venue hosts for making this possible! Click here for a list of upcoming presentations» The Big Muddy Speaker Series is also held monthly in Rocheport and St. Charles.
Recordings of Presentations
Kansas City Digital Video has been recording Big Muddy Speaker Series presentations. These are available on their website at this link. Some contain synchronized powerpoint presentations. We will be posting these to the archived presentation pages on bigmuddyspeakers.org. Thanks Micheal Morgan and crew for putting this important archive online!