Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
Road to Rocheport: Building the New I-70 Bridge
Presentation by Julie Cotton and Mike True of Lunda Construction Co.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from Lunda Construction about the demolition and construction of the I-70 bridge over the Missouri River near Rocheport, MO.
Time and Place
Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation by Julie Cotton and Mike True from Lunda Construction
Tuesday, December 12th, 2023
- 7 p.m. presentation (6 p.m. Social Hour)
- Register for Virtual Zoom Option here.
- Watch it LIVE on our YouTube Channel (and you can also catch the recording there later)
- The Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport, MO
- Google Map – Directions Below
The Bistro Restaurant is closed on Tuesdays, but the bar will be open. You ARE welcome to come early, bring some food and gather with friends before the presentation. Speaker Series attendees are welcome after 6:00 p.m.
Hosted by Missouri River Relief
Join Julie Cotton and Mike True from Lunda Construction as they walk us through the demolition and construction of the I-70 bridge near Rocheport, MO. In July, 2021 the Lunda Construction team was awarded the $200 million contract to construct two new Interstate 70 bridges over the Missouri River near Rocheport. The old Rocheport bridge was 61 years old and rated in “poor” condition. With over 12.5 million vehicles crossing the bridge annually, this was a high priority project for the Missouri Department of Transportation.
The bridge project has drawn interest from the public as well. On September 10th, 2023, the bridge demolition brought crowds of people to watch via land and water. Click here to watch the demolition.
You don’t want to miss this opportunity to get an inside look at a fascinating infrastructure project on the Missouri River. Julie and Mike will also be sharing about Lunda’s STEM and outreach programs.
About Lunda Construction
Founded in 1938, Lunda Construction Company has maintained its headquarters in Black River Falls, Wisconsin and has continued to pursue and build transportation projects. In those early years, small crews built small box culverts and bridges with 3/4 yard Quickway Trucks, P & H Cranes, and small Oshkosh trucks. Lunda saw its largest growth starting in 1956 with the Interstate Highway Program. They have been a leader in bridge construction for 75 years.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Resources & Links
Dig deeper for more info on this topic:
- MoDOT Rocheport Bridge Project
- Lunda Construction Co.
- Columbia Daily Tribune: Lunda Team awarded contract to build new Rocheport Bridge at Missouri River
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us!
The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place in St. Charles.
The views and opinions expressed by our presenters do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of Missouri River Relief, the Big Muddy Speaker Series or any of the partners that support this public forum. The Big Muddy Speaker Series believes that hearing diverse perspectives is a crucial building block for an informed public.