Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
Voices of Missouri’s Rivers
Presentation by Bill Turner, author and retired biologist with Mo. Dept. of Conservation
Bill will share some of the stories from his amazing historical and ecological survey of our Missouri River treasures, recently published by the Mo. Dept. of Conservation – “Voices of Missouri’s Rivers”.
Time and Place
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation by Bill Turner, Former Fisheries Division Chief with Mo. Dept. of Conservation
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
- 7 p.m. presentation
- lower floor of the Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro in Rocheport, MO
- Map and Directions
If you intend on coming early to purchase an amazing dinner at Les Bourgeois Bistro before the presentation, PLEASE call to make a reservation at: 573-698-2300 and…tell them you are with the Big Muddy Speaker Series!
Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
Missouri is known as the “Great Rivers State”. For many of us, our fondest memories involve floating down one of Missouri’s beautiful and diverse rivers which provide a path through the heart of all our state’s nature offers.
Bill Turner just published a wonderful book highlighting the historical and ecological stories that our rivers have written on the landscape called “Voices of Missouri’s Rivers”. With chapters focusing on the Osage, Missouri, Mississippi and Ozark Rivers, this is the finest compendium of Missouri river lore and science that you can find. Bill will share some of these stories with us in this special Big Muddy Speaker Series presentation.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Purchase copies of “Voices of Missouri’s Rivers”
- Online at the MDC Nature Shop (ignore the incorrect book cover)
- By contacting the Missouri Dept. of Conservation Nature Shop at 877-521-8632
- Or at a MDC nature center near you.
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
- Missouri River Relief
- Friends of Big Muddy
- Columbia Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office (USFWS)
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- Big Muddy National Fish & Wildlife Refuge
Click here for a list of upcoming presentations»
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us!
The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place monthly in Kansas City and St. Charles.
The Big Muddy Speaker Series is partially funded by the Columbia Ecological Services Field Office (USFWS) and the Mo. Dept. of Conservation.