Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
Paddling into Beauty, Bend by Bend
Presentation by author and river guide Brett Dufur
Brett Dufur, editor for the Conservation Department and river guide, will discuss the unique draw of the Missouri River – what propels some ultra-marathon paddlers in the annual MR340 race, as well as those paddling in the wake of Lewis & Clark, looking for what only the river can provide. What is it about our culture, our past, that draws us to test ourselves on the Missouri?
Time and Place
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation by author and guide Brett Dufur, Mo. Dept. of Conservation
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
7 p.m. presentation
lower floor of the Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro in Rocheport, MO (directions below)
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Resources and Links
Here’s some links for more on Missouri River paddling, the MR340 and Mighty Mo Canoe Rentals
- Mighty Mo Canoe Rentals website
- Pebble Publishing
- Missouri Conservationist article by Brett Dufur “Finding Flow on the Mighty Mo”, June 2013
- Other reading about the Missouri River 340
- MR340 website
- Katy Trail Bed & Breakfast
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
- Missouri River Relief
- Friends of Big Muddy
- Columbia Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office (USFWS)
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- Big Muddy National Fish & Wildlife Refuge
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us! Click here for a list of upcoming presentations» The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place monthly in Kansas City and St. Charles.
The Big Muddy Speaker Series is partially funded by the Columbia Ecological Services Field Office (USFWS) and the Mo. Dept. of Conservation.