Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
Paddle MO – Because You Shouldn’t Paddle Less
Time and Place
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation by Mary Culler, Executive Director of Stream Teams United
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
- 7 p.m. presentation (6 p.m. Social Hour)
- Register for the Virtual Zoom Option here.
- Watch it LIVE on our YouTube Channel (and you can also catch the recording there later)
- The Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport, MO
- Google Map – Directions Below
The Bistro Restaurant is closed on Tuesdays, but the bar will be open. You ARE welcome to come early, bring some food and gather with friends before the presentation. Speaker Series attendees are welcome after 6:00 p.m.
Are you interested in paddling the Missouri River? Paddle MO is a five-day, 100-mile educational and recreational journey on the last 100 miles of the Missouri River, beginning at Hermann, MO, and ending a mile past the confluence with the Mississippi River. It provides a great opportunity for beginners and experts alike to get out and see a new side of the river.
In 2016, Stream Teams United, non-profit partners, and Missouri Stream Team volunteers launched the first Paddle MO expedition on the last 100 miles of the Missouri River from Hermann to the Confluence. In the organization’s 8th year of organizing and hosting paddlers on the Paddle MO program, Mary will take a look back at why and how Paddle MO was developed, share stories from 8 years of adventuring on the River, and give attendees a glimpse of what they might expect if they join a future Paddle MO program. She will highlight the team that makes this one-of-a-kind journey possible and discuss how the Paddle MO program has grown to include destinations across our Great Rivers State.
Mary Culler serves as the Director of Stream Teams United, a non-profit coalition of Missouri Stream Team Associations. She has worked in the field of water resources for over 17 years, with most of her career focusing on the rivers, lakes, and streams of Missouri. She received an M.S. in Environmental Science from Iowa State University where she researched highly altered stream systems. Through her current efforts at Stream Teams United, Mary works at a statewide level to help promote and support the efforts of Missouri’s 22 Stream Team Associations and facilitate education, stewardship, and advocacy for Missouri’s waterways.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Resources & Links
Dig deeper for more info on this topic
- Stream Team info about Paddle MO: https://www.streamteamsunited.org/paddle-mo.html
- Paddle MO website: https://www.paddlemo.org/
- Video of Paddle MO (2021): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlVCYeEja3A
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us!
The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place in Kansas City and St. Charles.
The views and opinions expressed by our presenters do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of Missouri River Relief, the Big Muddy Speaker Series, or any of the partners that support this public forum. The Big Muddy Speaker Series believes that hearing diverse perspectives is a crucial building block for an informed public.