Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
The Missouri River Bluffs: A Climbing History
Time and Place
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation by Jim Karpowicz and Mike Jenner
Tuesday, December 13th, 2022
- 7 p.m. presentation (6 p.m. Social Hour)
- Register for Virtual Zoom Option here.
- Watch it LIVE on our YouTube Channel (and you can also catch the recording there later)
- The Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport, MO
- Google Map – Directions Below
The Bistro Restaurant is closed on Tuesdays, but the bar will be open. You ARE welcome to come early, bring some food and gather with friends before the presentation. Speaker Series attendees are welcome after 6:00 p.m.
For this December’s Big Muddy Speaker Series, Missouri Native rock climbers, Jim Karpowicz and Mike Jenner will tell tales of their rock-climbing journeys and delve into the history of rock climbing in Boone County.
Missouri rock climbers Jim Karpowicz and Mike Jenner began their climbing careers in the late 1970s on the Burlington limestone bluffs overlooking the Missouri River. While their professional careers have been focused on producing nature documentaries and community journalism, their passion for climbing has been a central theme of their lives.
After adventures that have taken them from the high peaks of the Sierras and Rockies to the towers of the American desert and crags across North America, they return to the cliffs where they began more than 40 years ago.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Resources & Links
Dig deeper for more info on this topic
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us!
The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place in Kansas City and St. Charles.
The views and opinions expressed by our presenters do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of Missouri River Relief, the Big Muddy Speaker Series or any of the partners that support this public forum. The Big Muddy Speaker Series believes that hearing diverse perspectives is a crucial building block for an informed public.