Rocheport – Big Muddy Speaker Series
The Rocheport series is held the second Tuesday of every month in the lower floor of the Les Bourgeois Bistro in Rocheport at 7 p.m.
The Mid-Missouri area is lucky to have so many experts willing to share their knowledge with us about this amazing river, its floodplain and the nature and history that surrounds it. We’re trying to keep the topics varied and interesting, but if you have an interest in the Missouri River, we think you’re going to love these.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Probing the depths of the Big Muddy: What does the bed of the Missouri River look like?
Presentation by Caroline Elliott, geologist with U.S. Geological Survey - River Studies Branch USGS Geologist Caroline Elliott will share what her pallid sturgeon research has revealed about the hidden world of the bottom of the Missouri River, and share images of this murky and shifting environment.
- Missouri River Relief
- Friends of Big Muddy
- Columbia Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office (USFWS)
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- Big Muddy National Fish & Wildlife Refuge
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River.
- July 9, 2013 – Columbia Missourian article on presenter Diana Papoulias, USGS
- Nov. 9 Columbia Missourian article on Big Muddy Speaker Series
- May 10 KOMU News: Local Author Shares Stories