Rocheport – Big Muddy Speaker Series
We are moving to RagTag Cinema for two months, November & December, 2014!
The Rocheport series is held the second Tuesday of every month in the lower floor of the Les Bourgeois Bistro in Rocheport at 7 p.m.
The Mid-Missouri area is lucky to have so many experts willing to share their knowledge with us about this amazing river, its floodplain and the nature and history that surrounds it. We’re trying to keep the topics varied and interesting, but if you have an interest in the Missouri River, we think you’re going to love these.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Building a bridge in the Big Muddy
Presentation by Dennis Heckman, Mo. Dept. of Transportation Dennis Heckman, State Bridge Engineer with the Mo. Dept. of Transportation, will share the difficulties and engineering tricks for building a bridge over such the powerful and unpredictable Missouri River.
- Missouri River Relief
- Friends of Big Muddy
- Columbia Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office (USFWS)
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- Big Muddy National Fish & Wildlife Refuge
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River.
- July 9, 2013 – Columbia Missourian article on presenter Diana Papoulias, USGS
- Nov. 9 Columbia Missourian article on Big Muddy Speaker Series
- May 10 KOMU News: Local Author Shares Stories