FILM: Big Muddy Moose – The Missouri River on a Stand Up Paddleboard
Published: December 9, 2014
Film Screening hosted by Missouri River Relief on Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at RagTag Cinema in Columbia, MO
- Intro (via Skype) by “Love Your Big Muddy Expedition” paddler Janet Moreland
- Followed by Q&A with Scott (also via Skype)
- This film can now be screened FREE on vimeo here –
Scott Mestrezat filmed his entire journey as the first stand up paddleboarder to travel the entire Missouri River. We will be one of the first audiences to see the final result – this inspiring and beautiful film of an amazing river trip.
In 2013, Scott quit his job, built a wooden stand up paddleboard, and then paddled the entire Missouri River. From Three Forks, MT, through the string of massive lakes, then down to the Confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi River, Scott finished his journey below the St. Louis Arch.
Scott joined us via Skype, and the film was introduced by Colombia’s own Janet Moreland, featured in the film, who became the first woman to solo paddle the entire Missouri/Mississippi River Source to Sea in 2013.
Our gratitude to RagTag for welcoming us and donating their space for this fundraising event!
Resources and Links
More info and video from Scott’s record-breaking journey.
- Scott’s blog
- You can now watch this film for free online here
- “Big Muddy Moose” website
- “The Missouri River – travel the entire 2300 miles in about a minute” – A time-lapse shot over the bow.
- Scott’s Vimeo Channel
- “Big Muddy Moose” trailer
The Big Muddy Speaker Series
Usually takes place at Les Bourgeois Bistro in Rocheport. For November and December of this year we are moving to Ragtag Cinema in Columbia. The Speaker Series is hosted by these wonderful partners.
- Missouri River Relief
- Friends of Big Muddy
- Columbia Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office (USFWS)
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- Big Muddy National Fish & Wildlife Refuge
Special thanks to Ragtag Cinema for donating the venue for November and December!
The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place monthly in Kansas City and St. Charles.